Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
General Landlording & Rental Properties
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Jameson Cesar
  • Somers Point, NJ
Votes |
Gonna lose my house if i cant get them out

Jameson Cesar
  • Somers Point, NJ
Posted

We are landlords. Not by choice. We couldn't sell our house without losing money so we had to rent it. We had a 1 year lease agreement with our tenants. After the year was up there were signs problems with the police coming to the house 3,4 times a month. Neighbors complained constantly. It's a nice neighborhood, we lived there 7 years so we are close with everyone. And also seemed like other things were going on. Was hard for them to pay bills. So we came up with a month to month lease with 30 day notice to vacate upon us ending the agreement. Also stated we did not need reason to evict. Back in February they could not pay all the rent. Could not pay for 2 full months. Came to an agreement with them to pay 1500 on the first of the month and 500 each week after. They could not stick with the agreement. Multiple time one of them asked if I could take the other off the lease. Complete disfunction. He said she cheated on him with his boss so he got fired. Well I gave them a written notice to come up with past due funds within two weeks. Keep in mind they never gave a security deposit. Always would say next month, or when I get taxes. When two weeks was up they gave less then 20% of what was needed. So from there we issued 30 notice to vacate. We filed it with the court. Posted it on door and registered mail. Court date is August 23, 2017. Since then I was not allowed in my house to show it to a perspective tennant. They backed out of the lease cause they felt something was wrong with the current tenants. When I was finally allowed in the house I saw they turned my living into a rental room. The house was open and all connected. They built a room out of my living room with a dead bolt sand I was not allowed access. Also noticed some rooms had electric and some didn't. Called electric company and they said power was shut off June 20. They went to investigate and found they were illegally stealing electric from ac electric. I will have to have an electric inspection to allow someone to move in. They could have burned my house the down. There is so much more to explain. Please contact us asap

Sent from my iPad

Loading replies...