• Investor
  • Lethbridge, Alberta
Votes |
How you streamlined your tenant acquisition and screening process

Amadeus Hladun
  • Investor
  • Lethbridge, Alberta
Posted Aug 30 2017, 08:53

I currently have a full time job and a busy life in general but real estate is my passion and so I just purchased my first rental property about a year ago and am itching for another very soon but what I have come to realize is I am absolutely terrible at the tenant screening process... now obviously that poses quite a big issue seeing as screening is the most important thing. But I would also like to avoid a property manager so I am trying to figure out a way to make the whole process so I don't have to try and answer a thousand and one people from 3 different sources and try to remember and keep everyone and everything straight.

Since I realized that I was in fact bad at this whole process of going through potential tenants I have created a tenant questionnaire in with Google Forms in which no one would have my contact info but instead have a form for them to fill out that in which they would give ME their contact info and obviously an overview about them also. But so they give me their contact info so that I can contact them all from 1 source so it will be easier to track. BUT that is as far as I have gotten with stream lining my system so FINALLY to my question, what tools and tricks of the trades have you guys used to streamline and simplify your tenant acquisition and screening process? And it can be anything sort of like the Google forms thing so even third party software or something maybe?

Thanks in advance :)

Loading replies...