• Providence, RI
Votes |
Parking Lot Problems

Brandon Ingegneri
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Providence, RI
Posted Oct 12 2017, 08:40

I have a tenant who is very nice, pays on time, and keeps the unit in great shape.  She is one royal pain in the *** though.  I honestly feel like a slum lord after I hear from her because there are complaints about absolutely everything.  I maintain my properties, I am timely with service calls, and her unit has recently been renovated.  

At this particular property, I have a vacant unpaved lot across the street where my tenants park.  Some neighborhood kids play there, some rocks may get dug up, and there may be some glass from time to time. We go by once a week or so to make sure everything is in order, but this one tenant continues to complain over and over again about the lot. 

There really isn't anything that I can physically do unless I physically see the kids there.  A no trespassing sign will be a futile effort.  I advised the tenant to call the police if she fears that her vehicle may be damaged by the actions of the teenagers in the lot.  It should be noted that there have been no break ins or vandalization.  

I am sure that there is an angle that I am not considering here.  What recommendations if any does anyone have? 

Loading replies...