• Malden, MA
Votes |
tenant problem in Providence RI

Richard Moreno
  • Investor
  • Malden, MA
Posted Oct 16 2017, 03:47

Hello BP,

I am having issues with my property in Providence! It's a 3 family  in the Mt. Hope area which is a nice neighborhood. 1st floor I have it rented to my daughter. 3rd floor I have some tenants that came with the house when I bought it, I'm actually trying to evict them for non payment, but that story is for another time. My issue is with the 2nd floor unit, which by the way I spent all summer renovating it.  I thought I was going to get it rented quick but it took longer than expected  so finally this month I got it rented to a woman and her husband and 2 kids. Not even a week went by and the husband is hanging around outside drinking with his buddies, and they put all this stuff in the basement without permission!2days ago the husband decides to hit his wife ( my daughter could hear the whole thing! ) Then someone that was there started beating up the husband, well deserved !  My daughter calls the police and they arrest the husband. 

But now I dont know what to do? the husband is back home and I honestly want them out ! can I evict them ? its not even a month and I'm dealing with all kind of S***. I haven't even seen if there was damage to the unit ( that I gave to them brand new ).

Loading replies...