Waco Rental Property Market

6 Replies

I would like to know about the Waco rental property market. Do properties generate cash flow?  What are the good zip codes and areas in Waco where a landlord could potentially find good tenants. 

If the deal is good enough I think just about anything will cashflow. It’s finding the deals that is the trick. I am from Waco Texas myself and I am looking to get into the China Spring rental property market because it is blowing up out here and I don’t think the market has peeked yet but Hewitt, Woodway, Robinson, Bosqueville are all good areas. It really just depends on your criteria!

Originally posted by @Robert Pfenninger :

If the deal is good enough I think just about anything will cashflow. It’s finding the deals that is the trick. I am from Waco Texas myself and I am looking to get into the China Spring rental property market because it is blowing up out here and I don’t think the market has peeked yet but Hewitt, Woodway, Robinson, Bosqueville are all good areas. It really just depends on your criteria!

Thank you Robert. I have friends who have invested in China Springs.  It's a good school district. Thank you for the other areas in Waco.

I am new to investing myself so I have yet to push out of my comfort zone and the area I know best but Mclennan county is full of small towns that may also be great to invest in for cash flow rentals such as Mcgregor where SpaceX is or Gatesville where they have a large prison. Of course you also have to consider that the jobs and market in those areas are dependent on one industry which can be risky but I don’t think SpaceX is going anywhere anytime soon and the prison in Gatesville is one of the biggest in the State. Also there is a meetup group that meets at George’s in Waco once a month. Its called REIC, you should definitely check it out via the meetup app!

I couldn’t find the next Waco REIC meeting info in Meetup. Can you tell me when the next meeting is? Thank you!

They probably haven’t decided on a date yet. I went to the last one and they were thinking about only doing one more until the new year since the holidays are coming.

What are your thoughts on new single family builds that are retained as rentals versus selling them as buyers come along? The location is the Baylor area off of La Salle Ave. I have two locations...1.5 acres and 3.5 acres. The 1.5 acre tract is made up of 9+ lots and the 3.5 acre tract is made up of 20+ lots. This is my first post of hopefully many more!

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.