Skip to content
General Landlording & Rental Properties

User Stats

Votes
Kaye Williams
  • Homemaker
  • Riverdale, IL
Votes |
My Section 8 neighbors are drug dealers and robbers help with advice.

Kaye Williams
  • Homemaker
  • Riverdale, IL
Posted Jun 17 2010, 15:02

My family and I live next door to section 8 tenants who are a nightmare. I have pictures of them selling drugs and smoking marijuana. I've filed reports through the police no action was fully taken. My car was broken into and a witness saw my neighbors daughter and a teenage boy still my mother's handicap placard. We got a replacement and filed it stolen with our state. Recently I witnessed a robbery at gun point of the section 8 neighbors right in front of my home as I looked out of my front door window at about 1:05 am Sat. morning on June 12,2010.
We hate these neighbors and I know that this a strong word but what else can we do to get rid of these people before they endanger somone else or my 3 daughters and myself or my elderly mom could be the next victims or be killed? Can we contact Section 8? What do I say? Will they kick them out? I don't want to implicate my family in this in anyway. Can the state revoke the landlord's license?I want to go to the section 8 office in person but can I report them stating that I am concerned citizen and how can we get the police to help get these people OUT!! since they violated every law under section 8 including disturbing our neighborhood's quiet of enjoyment rights.
My neighbors are so scared of this family and they're killing our block club and the "we call the police sign doesn't seem to intimidate all who come on this block to conduct drug sells on our block. Thank-you for your response and advice. :cry:

Loading replies...