Votes
Dana R.
  • San Clemente, CA
Votes |
Why is my tenant being so slow?

Dana R.
  • San Clemente, CA
Posted Dec 10 2017, 04:13

What's my tenant's endgame where it seems the tenant keeps on delaying and delaying on the option to renew the lease? 

The tenant has a one year lease that's going to expire at the end of this month. I gave the tenant the option five or six weeks ago of another one year lease with an increase in the rent, where it'd still be a good price for the tenant at the higher rent.  At that point, I had informed the tenant of that option via email as well as postal mail.

But, there was no response so I again emailed the tenant a reminder of the earlier option a few weeks later and told the tenant I needed an answer by the end of November. This time, the tenant responds eleven days later- a day before the end of November- that they'd like to renew the lease . 

But, there's some requests and complications so that we need to email back and forth several times until I'm finally like we need to meet in person to hash out any issuses. If we can work it and renew the lease, that's fine. But, if we can't work it out, then that's fine too and I'll start posting the rental before the Christmas holidays damps down any interest. 

But, the tenant couldn't meet last weekend and said we could meet this weekend. But, now, the tenant is saying we can't meet this weekend either. 

Has anybody experienced something like this? What's the tenant trying to accomplish here with all these delays and late responses?

Loading replies...