• Charlotte NC Fort Mill SC Lake Wylie SC, SC
Votes |
Securing Vacant Property

Terri Pour-Rastegar
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Charlotte NC Fort Mill SC Lake Wylie SC, SC
Posted Jul 1 2010, 06:29

I need some help on this issue ASAP please!!!

I have a vacant property, newly renovated, which has been broken into a few times in just a couple of weeks. I need recommendations for security measures and things to help deter further attacks on this house.

First, 2 of my exterior doors with new deadbolts were broken. They pryed the door open, breaking the jambs and pinching the deadbolt beyond repair. Then, today, one of my contractors informed me they found drug paraphernalia inside this morning. We leave all inside and outside lights on all night. All doors are secured with deadbolts and latches and jamb reinforcement. Strangely enough, the only things stolen were a kitchen faucet (not yet installed) and an installed floodlight--both of which were very inexpensive, thankfully.

I'm very grateful that, so far, they've not vandalized the new work we've done inside. But that seems inevitable at this point.

I'm considering installing a full security system. It could be worth the expense. Any recommendations? I want to hurry and secure this place as best I can.

Loading replies...