• Professional
  • Fredericksburg, VA
Votes |
Tenant doesn't want interior pictures taken

Jairus King
  • Professional
  • Fredericksburg, VA
Posted Jan 24 2018, 12:30

Good afternoon all! I am thankful for the wealth of knowledge that you all provide and this network. I have found myself having difficulty making REOs simply because of commitments with the kids and time crunching. Anyhow- I have a property coming off of a lease at the end of April. Considering that tax time is right around the corner it may not be a bad idea to capitalize on prospective tenants using tax refunds to assist in down-payments towards a new place in the spring. Feb-March-April is 3 months away- I would at least like to start gathering a potential list of interested applicants. During this process the tenant has asked that interior pictures are not used because it would show their "stuff". Like a couch and table?? Anyhow looking at the tenant laws in Virginia you wouldn't want to violate privacy or due anything that may cause un reasonable stress. Then again looking at the agreement "which I inherited" It does appear that  there is a statement that goes as follows:

(Should the Lessor or Lessee, at any time during the term of this lease, give notice in writing to the other of intention to terminate, immediately upon such notice the said lessor shall have right to enter the premise, whether or not the Lessee, or any of the household be present, without liability of any prosecution, claim or cause of action for damages, for the purpose of exhibiting the premise to prospective Lessees and in order to put up a "for rent" or "for sale" notice. ) 

Now this doesn't say anything about pictures. I am considering showing the tenant this portion of the contract and asking would they rather have potential folks walking through the house, or settle for the pictures? Or would it be best to simply wait it out and begin Marketing the house in May? 

Loading replies...