Votes
Shelly Uy tesy
  • San Antonio, TX
Votes |
Tenant failed to occupy and pay property within 5 days

Shelly Uy tesy
  • San Antonio, TX
Posted Feb 6 2018, 20:48

I need help! I got a tenant who signed a Texas rental Agreement and supposed to pay security deposit and first month's rent and occupy property within 5 days as stated on the contract  he signed on  Jan 29. He promised to pay Jan. 30th but didn't not show up at the date and time we agreed on because he has issue with movers and asked that I meet him at the property February 6th but I told him that he has until 5 pm to pay or he will be on default but on Tuesday noon time I got a text from him that he cant make it due to issue with movers again. He promised  for the third time that he'll  he'll meet me  on Wednesday, the 10th day after signing contract and will send money via money gram but I refused because It's specified on the contract that security deposit, first month's rent should be in a form of cashiers check and electronic transfer won't be accepted since the company that will process payment don't accept electronic transfer and that he did not honor the deadline I gave him.   This is also the second time he promised to fed ex the cashier's check but failed to do it.  Now he's threatening to sue me for the cost of the movers and attorneys fee.  Does he have a case?  Non of the extension I gave as a favor to him because he's from out of town is  in writing.  The contract clearly stated that he must occupy property within 5 days. He did not make an effort to fulfill his obligation.  What is my recourse?  Thank you!

Loading replies...