WA state very basic lease agreement

4 Replies

Hi, all! I apologize profusely as I am certain were I to dig in I could likely find  a post directing me to this document, but my schedule has been wildly busy and I have been promising a friend I would send them this document for a week. Does anyone have a basic lease agreement for WA state? Something that only needs to suffice for a room or two, rented within a single family home. It's a family friend renting to an adult child so it doesn't need bells and whistles - I just promised I would find them something to reasonably suffice.

Would so appreciate any assistance anyone could offer!

Happy wednesday, all! :)

Originally posted by @Jessica Jay-Maleski :

Hi, all! I apologize profusely as I am certain were I to dig in I could likely find  a post directing me to this document, but my schedule has been wildly busy and I have been promising a friend I would send them this document for a week. Does anyone have a basic lease agreement for WA state? Something that only needs to suffice for a room or two, rented within a single family home. It's a family friend renting to an adult child so it doesn't need bells and whistles - I just promised I would find them something to reasonably suffice.

Would so appreciate any assistance anyone could offer!

Happy wednesday, all! :)

I used to own properties in King CO and Seattle. There is no such thing as a "basic lease agreement for WA state", anything you send them from Arizona will only get them into trouble. Arizona is a landlord friendly state, Washington is a tenant friendly state. King county assumes the landlord is wrong even if he is right and Seattle is far worse. The only safe way to be a landlord in Washington is to not be, but if you insist on self immolation, check out http://tenantsunion.org/en/rights/section/seattle-...

and may God have mercy on your soul.

I so appreciate you both! This happens to be for a friend who is renting to her young adult children who are well-behaved - just in need of learning about responsibility :) So I'm not as concerned about it being iron-clad as I am with just giving them the illusion that they are expected to be responsible adults. LOL!

it could be argued you need an even more ironclad lease for family and friends...

but prior posters are right,  depending on the region of WA you definitely need different form(s).     rental housing association of washington (rhawa.org) includes decent lease agreement documents with membership,  but they are designed for either apartments or SFRs,   I don't think they have a house share version.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.