Skip to content
General Landlording & Rental Properties

User Stats

Votes
Glen E
  • Savannah, GA
Votes |
Any comparison charts of online rent payment sites?

Glen E
  • Savannah, GA
Posted Feb 18 2018, 11:19

I'm a landlord with a small number of units, interested in starting to accept online rent payments. These days, there seems to be a plethora of vendors handling online payments. I'm primarily concerned with the vendor fee amounts (per transaction or per month), and the processing time it takes to get the tenant's payment into my account, but I'm interested in a comparison of other features too.

I'm looking for some website that has reviewed the online payment vendors and has posted comparison information so that I don't have to go look through a dozen different vendor sites to find the information. Here's an example of the type of chart I'm looking for:

http://accidentalrental.com/online-rent-collection...

This is theoretically a great chart. Unfortunately, this chart only lists 4 online payment vendors out of what I think must be at least a dozen (or more) these days. Plus, the chart is apparently out of date. Turbotenant shows up on the chart as the fastest vendor for deposit time; but when I went onto their website, they seem to have stopped handling online rent payments and only do other functions like screening now.  (Side note: It seems hard to find a vendor which has both low fees and fast processing. E.g., in the chart mentioned above, cozy has the lowest transaction fee - zero - but the longest deposit time.)

So I'm looking for charts like this, but hopefully a lot more complete (in terms of different vendors) than this one and ideally more up-to-date. So far, googling for online rent payment reviews is mostly taking me to the online rent payment vendors themselves, not to 3rd party sites that review and compare the vendors. 

Has anyone found any 3rd party sites that do comparisons of the rent payment vendors and hopefully give charts like I'm looking for?

Loading replies...