Long Distance Purchase

2 Replies

I have found a few multi-family properties I am interested in purchasing, all meeting at least my minimum cash flow numbers and Cash on Cash percentages, however these properties are about 4 hours away from my primary residence. The costs are far better where I would be investing than where I live and number still seem to make sense, even with factoring in 12% PM fees for them to advertise, rent, execute the lease, manage, pay bills and vacancy factoring. Does anyone have any similar positive or negative experiences they could share? I have a couple properties in my area, one in Florida, and this is western PA. Like most of you, Im a bit of a control freak when it comes to my investments so I self-manage and am in contact with my tenants so this is outside the box for me to allow/need the PM to handle all aspects of this investment due to the distance, but if the numbers are there take advantage of it... right? 

I have 2 long distance properties that I manage myself. No need for PM. I have few handymen close by, yelp, real estate agents. Sometimes I visit if we do big improvements. Good luck!

How do you handle rent collection and bill pay?  Just electronic pay and auto withdrawal?  

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here