Could anyone refer a PM in Erie, PA?

20 Replies

My Property Manager just raised her rate abruptly and coming up with terms that weren’t agreed upon initially. I would appreciate if anyone could refer a PM in Erie, Pennsylvania.

From what I have heard Agresti does a pretty good job.  They do charge first month and 10%.  If I can help more, feel free to pm me

Erie is notorious for not having any decent pm ‘s Agresti has horrible real-estate services , hopefully their management skills are better . I’ve went to showings at homes and the realtor has never even called to tell me he was blowing me off . Very unprofessional
Originally posted by @Dennis M. :
Erie is notorious for not having any decent pm ‘s Agresti has horrible real-estate services , hopefully their management skills are better . I’ve went to showings at homes and the realtor has never even called to tell me he was blowing me off . Very unprofessional

Possibly.  I know a friend of mine used them and was pleased.  Thats all I know.

Who else is out there?

Originally posted by @Dennis M. :

I have heard the same. I also dealt with Marsha Marsh Property Management when I purchased a 4-unit. The prior owner had used them for less than a year when his other PM retired. The Marsha Marsh PM I dealt with - Nate - was awful. For example, the seller and I were getting quotes for some contingencies and Nate didn't bother to show up and unlock the door at a time when he was supposed to meet with the contractor. 

When the contractor called him to ask what the deal was Nate said he'd be there as soon as he could. The contractor was so angry he left and refused to return and I wasn't happy because it reflected badly on me and the seller. 

Also, the two upstairs units were vacant. Why? Because they needed repairs. The one bedroom had a few holes in the wall (covered with cardboard) and a broken window. Not cracked. Broken. I doubt they even tried to show that particular unit but if they did noone is going to rent it. So I wouldn't recommend them, either. 

The only silver lining is they were so bad the seller gave me a great deal on the property because he was fed up and lived out of state. 

Honestly, your best bet would be to look for Erie landlords on BP and see if one (who owns some units and has experience) might be interested in PMing for you. Or you could call The Erie Apartment Association and see if they can recommend someone who is both dependable and fair.

Yeah I would second calling the Erie apartment association and ask them . Some of the areas in Erie can be really sketchy and they require extra management. I know personally id sure  hate to have to rely on a pm in this town . 

Originally posted by @Karl B. :
Originally posted by @Dennis M.:

I have heard the same. I also dealt with Marsha Marsh Property Management when I purchased a 4-unit. The prior owner had used them for less than a year when his other PM retired. The Marsha Marsh PM I dealt with - Nate - was awful. For example, the seller and I were getting quotes for some contingencies and Nate didn't bother to show up and unlock the door at a time when he was supposed to meet with the contractor. 

When the contractor called him to ask what the deal was Nate said he'd be there as soon as he could. The contractor was so angry he left and refused to return and I wasn't happy because it reflected badly on me and the seller. 

Also, the two upstairs units were vacant. Why? Because they needed repairs. The one bedroom had a few holes in the wall (covered with cardboard) and a broken window. Not cracked. Broken. I doubt they even tried to show that particular unit but if they did noone is going to rent it. So I wouldn't recommend them, either. 

The only silver lining is they were so bad the seller gave me a great deal on the property because he was fed up and lived out of state. 

Honestly, your best bet would be to look for Erie landlords on BP and see if one (who owns some units and has experience) might be interested in PMing for you. Or you could call The Erie Apartment Association and see if they can recommend someone who is both dependable and fair.

If you dont mind me asking, where was your 4 unit

Originally posted by @Joe M. :
Originally posted by @Karl B.:

It's near 8th & Cascade.

Originally posted by @Karl B. :
Originally posted by @Joe Marshall:

It's near 8th & Cascade.

Thanks.  Still using them or change PMs?

Originally posted by @Joe M. :
Originally posted by @Joe Marshall:

It's near 8th & Cascade.

Thanks.  Still using them or change PMs?

I self-manage. I do a better job and enjoy that extra 10% a month (which is no doubt more than 10% when all is said and done as I am proactive about getting lower trade quotes, doing work myself when I'm back in town visiting, etc.). 

erie is kind of like Pittsburgh.. you can be in a nice middle class block with people who take good care of their homes with green yards and the white picket fence .. and then drive a few blocks away and be in a area that looks like Detroit . Abandon boarded up houses graffiti on stores open drug deals in broad daylight , shootings and everyone has a bottle of booze in their hand . It is difficult for out if towners to know the dynamic of the town because it is in certain pockets you find these good and bad blocks . I would use caution when buying that you understand what your spot and who your clientele is going to be

Hi there! We use Agresti Real Estate for the property management of our sole investment property (hoping to add more soon!) We've been happy with them in the year that we've used them. They charge 10%. Hope that helps!

@Ade Amoo No, they do not (that I'm aware). They work hard to find renters and they run all the background checks, etc. I forgot to mention, but someone above did...They take the first month's rent and then it's 10% each month after.