Need appliances in Avondale, AZ (Phoenix area)

2 Replies

Hi There,

We have a rental just become vacant and our property manager says we should change out the range and dishwasher and also provide a refrigerator. I was wondering if anyone knows of a place to find ""scratch and dent" appliances in the Avondale, AZ area, so we can get quality appliances for a good price.

Or, if anyone has any other advice to help us save money on the appliances.

Also, for those of you that are familiar with the local market, is it customary to provide a fridge as a Landlord? Although, we have had this rental for years, we are out of state Landlords and aren't "hands-on" familiar with this market.

Thank You

Hello Brad, we buy all of our appliances from Spencers.  They usually have better prices than the home improvement stores.  There's several show rooms in the valley so you could call around and see if they have any floor models for sale.  The salesman can text you a picture, you can pay over the phone and they deliver. 

We don't provide refrigerators in our rentals simply because I don't want to deal with the hassle.  A fridge malfunction is an emergency because tenants can loose their food.  These are single family houses, $1,000 - $1,400 price range.  If you are in a lower price range, tenants may have a harder time buying their own fridge but the rental market is really hot right now and I would expect that you could easily rent without it.  They can always buy a fridge off craigslist for a couple hundred dollars.

Michael,

Thank you for your quick reply. There is a Spencers near this house and that was suggested by our property manager, so I'll check with them about floor models. I usually don't provide refrigerators on any my rentals in other areas, but the manager suggested it, so I was curious. But, we are in the $1,300/mth range, so it sounds like we don't need to provide a fridge. Thank You again.