• Investor
  • Bath, ME
Votes |
How do you list an available rental?

John West
  • Investor
  • Bath, ME
Posted Sep 18 2018, 08:54

So it's been 1 1/2 years and thanks to BP my journey is getting off to a great start! I've done one wholetale (flip without any renovations) and made 50k! (separate post about that coming soon). I now own 3 buildings with a total of 9 units and am under contract on my next flip.

I have a property manager for 2 of the apartment buildings, and I just finished renovations on my 3rd building. I'm managing this one myself and finding tenants will be a first for me. I could use some advice.

I've started to create the listing in cozy and i plan to also list it on facebook, craigslist, and possibly zillow. I know my screening criteria, but how much should I be telling the tenants up front? I don't want to tell them everything, have them meet all requirements, but then ask me why they didn't get the apartment if there was someone more qualified. What do you tell tenants in the initial ad? Do you tell them 3x rent is required for income? Do you tell them not to bother applying if they've been evicted? Any advice for posting an ad for a vacant unit would be much appreciated. 

Loading replies...