• Property Manager
  • Livonia, MI
Votes |
inheriting tenants

George P.
  • Property Manager
  • Livonia, MI
Posted Aug 12 2011, 15:59

some of you might remember that i am closing on a house in about 2 weeks or so. the house is currently owned by an elderly lady who is in nursing home. I think her two daughters act on her behalf.

Currently a niece or a grand daughter lives in the house. She, her kid, a guy and his kid are renting the place from the elderly woman.

In other words, the house currently has tenants. :lol:

Our PA states that the house needs to be vacant so that i can go in thre and start fixing stuff like windows, roof, attic insulation, plumbing (old galv), etc, etc.

Was there today talking to a contractor and the tenant (guy) comes out after the contractor leaves and told me that they can't find anything in such a short time. He tells me that she has eviction on her credit and noone will rent them anything. he starts crying in front of me and tells me that he, his son, the woman and her kid will end up on the street when the home becomes mine.

so, she is a traveling nurse. i dont think he has a job (but has a kick *** garden in the back yard :roll: ).

i asked how much they are currently paying. he said "she deals with the bills".

I know they are "supposed to be paying $900". However, i also know that they have NOT been paying for at least 6 months.

Now, i am the type that does not take crap from anyone and i will tell them to straighten up or else.

need opinion, experiences, stories, please.

never had to deal with this before. i was planning on dumping $7k in this house to fix it up, but instead i might end up collecting rent the moment i sign the docs. :lol: :lol:

feedback encouraged. please type away.

Loading replies...