• Involved In Real Estate
  • Orlando, FL
Votes |
High End Rental

Steve Simpson
  • Involved In Real Estate
  • Orlando, FL
Posted Aug 31 2011, 07:39

I currently co-own/manage some properties near the large university in my city (UCF in Orlando, FL). Through some marketing efforts I've picked up a handful of rentals in a very nice part of town ($500k+ houses) that should rent from anywhere between $4,000-6,000 per month.
I have no experience in finding tenants at this rental range and was wondering if anyone had any experience with this and what strategies they would use for marketing. Currently I am planning on doing the following:
1. 'Nice' for-rent sign in the yard (I use a cheap one for my college rentals)
2. Post on MLS (never do this for my college rentals)
3. Call local large employers who may have a need for high-end corporate housing and inform them of the properties I'm offering. I was thinking about a few hospitals in the area and the major employers (Disney, Lockheed-Martin, etc.)
4. Making a video/slideshow of the property to post to my website/CL
5. If I don't get any bites in a few weeks I will likely reach out to RE agents in that area and offer to split the leasing fee.

Anyone have any other ideas? Thanks in advance!

User Stats

Votes
Jon Klaus
  • Developer
  • Garland, TX
Votes |
  • Developer
  • Garland, TX
Replied Aug 31 2011, 07:46

I have just one higher end rental. I put it on Craigslist and created a website for it with lots of pictures. That was all it took. http://www.dfwranch.net/