Rental:No pets, No animals, Pet deposit, Pet rent, Service animal
I did a search on this forum before posting and the latest topic is from last year. Seeing as the law changes fast I thought I would post these questions. I also checked the Texas landlord tenant laws handbook and it doesn't have anything on this:
A) My rental AD says No pets, I've since changed it to No animals.
Potential tenants are asking if I accept service animals.
1) By law do I have to say yes to this question no matter what?
2) Can I request copies of all service animals paper work, certifications, and any other information they have?
2) Does anyone have a link to actual law on this?
3) If it turns out that I decide to rent under these circumstances and I'm understanding that I can't charge a pet deposit, or pet rent or change the rent rate in general before the lease even starts?
4) Is it just me or does it feel like the law doesn't give landlords in option of having no Animals on properties?