Policy Activity, but wrong house!

1 Reply

This morning I received a call that the police kicked in several doors in my apartment building (story is they went from top to bottom looking for this guy, who they obviously didn't find). Turns out the person they were looking for lives in the building next door. Other than making an insurance claim, how should I proceed? Can they do this?

Get the doors replaced and then turn the invoice in to the police department. I would think they have insurance to cover this type of damage. Otherwise, turn it in to your insurance and let them subrogate the claim with the police's insurance. May want to contact the police and ask them about how to proceed before you go too far along the process.