Do we need HO-6 insurance for SFR?

1 Reply

I got a letter from the lender that notifying we need to have a HO-6("Walls In" coverage). I thought it was for a condo, but do we need to have it for SFR with common area for the community?

@Anna Ogo

A DF-6 (rented townhouse/condo) insurance policy would be necessary if the building is part of a community association and you as the owner do not own 100% of the building. If the building is part of a PUD (planned unit development) you would only need a standard SFR rental property policy (DF-3).

The CC&R's for the association should indicate whether or not an DF-6 policy is needed.

Tommy Brown

CA DOI License # 0K51144