• California, Southern NH
Votes |
New Hamhipre Eviction Completely Dismissed

Steve Y.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • California, Southern NH
Posted Oct 7 2019, 18:39

Hi everyone,

I had my first eviction case experience and it was quickly dismissed in favor of the tenant.  My property manager did everything by the book. The tenant was on a month-to-month lease and we gave her more than 30 days notice to quit.  Then she stopped paying rent so we served her to the seven day notice to pay rent or quit. Then an eviction notice for nonpayment served by the sheriff which led to a court hearing today. I gave my property manager the power of attorney to represent me as I was away on travel and after this was done, she called me and said the judge completely dismissed the case.  She said the judge completey sided with the tenant and allowed the tenant speak her case as the tenant said all things were wrong with unit, nothing was being fixed, and her issues weren't being address which was completely not true. When it came to my property manager's turn to speak, she was cutoff and would not let her speak completely.  The case was for both the nonpayment and notice to quit but the judge didn't want to hear the notice to quit case and only wanted to deal with the nonpayment eviction.  The tenant is threatening to not pay rent until we fix more issues. She said she's call the board of health as well.  She's playing the system and I'm beyond upset. I'm unsure what to do next. Could I appeal the dismisal? Do I have to file another eviction notice?  Could I court serve the 30 day notice to quit action? Do I need to hire a lawyer? If so, any recommendations?  Has anyone been in this situation? Help!

Thanks so much, -Steve

Loading replies...