Has anyone here used a property manager for AirBnB?

11 Replies

I was looking into property managers like turnkey and wondering if they were strong options for managing a property in an AirBnB situation or other other suggestions.

@Sean Morrow you definitely need property management that specializes in STR. Your options depends on your market. I've opted for using small boutique pm's - essentially people that are managing their own but expanded their business to manage a handful of them. And generally there will be bigger companies that can offer the service as well. Is your STR in NYC?

I haven't but you don't technically need one to run an Airbnb. It can all be automated from your phone with the below locks & apps. A PM company may charge you 20% which is fair but you can use systems to automate the process and not have to deal with anything.

Remotelock - I personally use the Remotelock 5i and connect it to this app. When guests book it automatically creates door codes and sends it to the guest.

TurnoverBnB- Automates your cleaning process and keeps you in constant contact with cleaners.

Smartbnb - This automates all messaging. Even has smart replies if your guests have questions. Also automates reviews.

Pricelabs/Beyondpricing - Automates your pricing. I use both but depends on the property

Remitly - Pay your VA

Homebase - Create Tasks/Hours for your VA

Airbnb Teams - Gives your VA access to whatever features of Airbnb that you allow.

I use all those apps and it automates my entire STR business. There's properties I haven't seen in months and those get the job done.

If you need a PM for your STR though there are plenty on these here forums.

I personally have found self managing my Vrbo / Airbnb to be pretty easy to manage using the VRBO/ Airbnb sites to handle most things. Add a great cleaning service and your 95% there.

@Myka Artis

I was just browsing the forums on STR topics and saw your comments about a site called turnoverbnb.com that I had not heard of and figured I'd give it a try. I have a STR that I've been running for about a year and just picked up another and the manual process I use to keep turnover scheduled...is well....a manual process. Maybe this is the solution! Thanks for the idea.

Joe

Thanks for responding to the thread!  I am keeping my options open ATM as far as location.  Seems like Texas largely has the least stringent regulation to AirBnB so far with my limited research.

Originally posted by @Caroline C. :

@Sean Morrow you definitely need property management that specializes in STR. Your options depends on your market. I've opted for using small boutique pm's - essentially people that are managing their own but expanded their business to manage a handful of them. And generally there will be bigger companies that can offer the service as well. Is your STR in NYC?

Thanks Myka for replying to the thread!  This is great info!  I am going to check these out ASAP!

Originally posted by @Myka Artis :

I haven't but you don't technically need one to run an Airbnb. It can all be automated from your phone with the below locks & apps. A PM company may charge you 20% which is fair but you can use systems to automate the process and not have to deal with anything.

Remotelock - I personally use the Remotelock 5i and connect it to this app. When guests book it automatically creates door codes and sends it to the guest.

TurnoverBnB- Automates your cleaning process and keeps you in constant contact with cleaners.

Smartbnb - This automates all messaging. Even has smart replies if your guests have questions. Also automates reviews.

Pricelabs/Beyondpricing - Automates your pricing. I use both but depends on the property

Remitly - Pay your VA

Airbnb Teams - Gives your VA access to whatever features of Airbnb that you allow.

I use all those apps and it automates my entire STR business. There's properties I haven't seen in months and those get the job done.

@John Underwood Thanks for responding to my thread!  I am going to check out the VRBO sites as you suggested!

Originally posted by @John Underwood:

I personally have found self managing my Vrbo / Airbnb to be pretty easy to manage using the VRBO/ Airbnb sites to handle most things. Add a great cleaning service and your 95% there.

Originally posted by @Myka Artis :

Remitly - Pay your VA

I've been really curious about this, so thanks so much for all of this info. This may be an obvious question to folk here, but what does VA stand for? I can't figure it out. Thanks.