Haven't seen any Dennis M from Erie PA posts lately.

13 Replies

This topic has been locked by an administrator.

It seem like @Dennis M. from Erie, PA hasn't posted for about a month.

He used to be on a lot. 

He says he rents in some very tough areas.

Hope he's ok and didn't run into any trouble.

Hey Dennis, are you out there?

I'll reach out to him to make certain he's good. Dennis is the one person on BP I've met (he visited me at one of my rentals when I was fixing it up it after my first eviction). 

I'm assuming he's busy creating the vaccine for Corona using the discarded cigarette butts and hypodermic needles of his tenants. :-)

Dennis is alive. He says BP has banned him from posting on the forums. :-(

@Scott Mac

@Karl B.

@Joe M.

What are you guys seeing in Erie right now? I was up there this weekend looking at properties. On Monday my realtor said he's already having deals fall through due to layoffs. I was going to put an offer or two in but I think I'm staying liquid for the moment.

Originally posted by @Andy Brown :

@Scott Mac

@Karl B.

@Joe M.

What are you guys seeing in Erie right now? I was up there this weekend looking at properties. On Monday my realtor said he's already having deals fall through due to layoffs. I was going to put an offer or two in but I think I'm staying liquid for the moment.

Good question. I haven't been in Erie for about a month (I was there to see my parents in mid-February, be present for a rental inspection and rent a vacant unit out (I now have all good tenants! Yeah!). 

I can say that properties are still selling in L.A. at good prices but haven't really followed Erie prices and sales as of late. In my new market of MO I have seen a lot of delusional sellers trying to sell old builds at inflated prices and buyers aren't biting. 

As we all know Erie has a weaker economy with a higher unemployment rate than the national average though from Youtube videos I've been watching buyers are getting cold feet across the country, which is human nature.

However, with interest rates being so low the people with sense will buy, whether investors or potential homeowners. 

If you've got the funds and a seller wants the money bad enough the deals will be there. Look at the numbers but also realize timing the bottom is a very tough thing to do.

@Scott Mac

@Karl B.

@Joe M.

I havent left my house in like two weeks hahah  I saw a really dated duplex go for 120ish on 36th and schaper.  Seemed a tad high for how dated it was but maybe not i suppose.  I dont track much though

Originally posted by @Karl B. :

That's too bad. I really enjoy his posts. 

Originally posted by @Karl B. :

Noooooooo! Mods please reconsider??!! I enjoyed Dennis posts.

Originally posted by @Joe M. :
Originally posted by @Andy Brown:

@Scott Mac

@Karl B.

@Joe M.

I havent left my house in like two weeks hahah  I saw a really dated duplex go for 120ish on 36th and schaper.  Seemed a tad high for how dated it was but maybe not i suppose.  I dont track much though

That is somewhat high. I know I saw a duplex around three years ago on West 8th that needed some updates/work that was east of Powell (near West Erie Plaza a bit east of the Little Caesar's) that went for around 80K and I kicked myself for not looking at it for properties west of I-79 are typically MUCH EASIER to rent (to good tenants) than east of I-79. 

Originally posted by @Jill F.:

Originally posted by @Karl B.:

Noooooooo! Mods please reconsider??!! I enjoyed Dennis posts.

We need a petition!

@Scott Mac

@Karl B.

@Joe M.

I'm going to ride this virus out right here in my home in Austin.

All: the member formerly known as Dennis M. was banned from the forums. As far as I know, he's otherwise healthy and still doing what he does best.

I personally liked his advice (most of the time) and found him helpful (most of the time). However, you probably don't know that the had a lot of complaints against him for saying things that were offensive, political, or otherwise not conducive to the topic at hand. The powers on high got tired of the complaints and shut him down permanently.

I'm closing this thread because it's not up for discussion. Dennis can still be contacted directly if you need his advice but he won't be returning to the forums.