Skip to content
General Landlording & Rental Properties

User Stats

Votes
Greg Pond
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Denver, CO
Votes |
What are top upgrades for buy-and-hold rental property?

Greg Pond
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Denver, CO
Posted Jun 15 2020, 07:44

Curious to hear what the BP community thinks about some of the top upgrades for buy-and-hold rental property. We own a property management and real estate brokerage firm in Denver, Colorado that serves real estate investors. We are writing a new article to share with our clients about some of the top upgrades for their rental property portfolio. I am working on a plan for each of our clients over the next 10-years, so they can budget for some of the upgrades. Most of the properties we manage are in neighborhoods that achieve rents from $2000 to $5000+.

I also have a single-family investment property that is approaching 20-years old and will need some love soon. We have done some work to it by investing in a new roof, exterior paint, flooring throughout, and new appliances. Curious to hear what everyone thinks about future updates over the next 5-years. The rent is $2650 and in a strong Denver neighborhood that continues to see rent appreciation. The homes have above average finishes in most of the rentals in the area (i.e. granite countertops versus laminate, hardwood versus carpet). My thought is start with some inexpensive items, such as: master bath and kitchen light fixtures, ceiling fans, and landscaping. Looking forward to hearing your ideas.

Loading replies...