>>ORANGE COUNTY- MEETUP!! MAY 28TH <<

54 Replies

This event is brought to you by:
  • 05/28/14 07:00PM
  • TBA - Watch post for updates.
  • Free

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event. Report

YAY!! We're finally scheduling an Orange County, CA meetup!

@Clint Kreider and @William Larsen have agreed to head it up, and I'm board to help, field any questions, etc. too.

Place to be determined, but it will be in IRVINE, CA. (Suggestions appreciated) We want to keep it easy and casual. It will be a time to introduce ourselves to each other, and pick each others brains. Bring your deals, haves/wants, questions, and experience, etc. and let's see if we can help each other.

We know there are a lot of meetups around southern California. This is meant specifically for BPers to get together and network.

NO SELLING products, etc.

Please let us know the number of people coming with you; and leave a post with a little about what niche you're in etc. and yourself!

You pay for your food and/or drinks, the meeting itself is free. Once we know how many will be coming, we will choose the location. I'll message all of you - and you can monitor this post too.

Updated almost 4 years ago

EVERYONE - Please add O.C. Meetup, and Orange County Meetup to your keyword alerts!

NOTE: At the meeting we can determine frequency of future meetings (monthly, quarterly, etc.) Location of future meetings, etc. (Some venues charge for room and require min. spending per person) HOWEVER; THIS MEETING IS FREE

@Alex Bejenaru , @Chad Ballard , @Jonathan Wilks will also be coming.

Hopefully they'll pop back in and tell us what niche they're working, etc. I know Alex is an agent, loan officer, flipper, Chad is a Civil Engineer and investor, Jonathan is a flipper.

It's shaping up to be a great crowd! Can't wait.

Keywords: southern California, Orange County, buy hold, flip, rehab, new construction, spec, multi family, vacation rental.

I just got back from Oregon and checked my schedule. We should be back from Colorado before this date and I plan on attending, alone. I am almost at my goal, 10 houses in 90 days, I just got number 8.

Originally posted by @Karen Margrave :
@Albert Bui Sounds good. Will it be you alone? Also, maybe you can tell us what types of loans you do, etc.or your niche.

MEETUP:

• MAY 28TH, 7:00 P.M.
  • Place TBD (once we know # of people coming) then we will post, and I'll message everyone that responded they're coming.

Hi Karen,

I am out of town at the moment and will be back Tuesday morning.

I mainly do residential financing 1-4 units and my niche is mortgage planning for self employed/business owners and RE investors.

I do help structure multifamily/commercial RE financing as well (conv/SBA/priv)

I have not mentioned the meeting to anyone yet so yes I would be alone.

Albert Bui, Lender in CA (#345453), WA (#345453), TX (#345453), and TN (#345453)
949-514-5106

Karen, let me know if there is anything I can help with.

I've been in every aspect of real estate for the past 10 years from being an agent to most recently being a lender for a major bank. I am making a career change and leaving the lending world to be a full time investor.
My focus is on residential fix/flip rehabs and hopefully growing that business rapidly. I'd like to get into spec building and developing in the future as the business grows.

Alex Bejenaru, Real Estate Agent in CA (#01701460)
(949) 791-7073

Hi everyone, looking forward to meeting all of you at the meetup. I'll be coming alone.

I've been investing in real estate for the last 5 years, but started full time flipping last year. Been working on properties in Orange County and always looking to buy.

Originally posted by @CK Hwang :
Hi everyone, looking forward to meeting all of you at the meetup. I'll be coming alone.

I've been investing in real estate for the last 5 years, but started full time flipping last year. Been working on properties in Orange County and always looking to buy.

Good to see you on here CK.

Albert Bui, Lender in CA (#345453), WA (#345453), TX (#345453), and TN (#345453)
949-514-5106

I'm in! Please message me with a date and time. I'll let you know how many I can bring at that time!! We are Flippers, Buy/Holders, and Hard Money Lenders. Any way we can sponsor something here? @Albert Bui I believe our company or people from our company have done business with you? I work with Juan Carlos, Oscar, and Mac, at Spinnaker.. hope to meet you there!

Originally posted by @Nick Wing :
I'm in! Please message me with a date and time. I'll let you know how many I can bring at that time!! We are Flippers, Buy/Holders, and Hard Money Lenders. Any way we can sponsor something here? Albert Bui I believe our company or people from our company have done business with you? I work with Juan Carlos, Oscar, and Mac, at Spinnaker.. hope to meet you there!

HI Nick,

Yeah I spoke to Juan he did mention your name a few times actually, great to see you on here!

949-514-5106

@Karen Margrave This is what I have been waiting for. I am a newbie Real Estate Investor. I want to start with wholesaling to build up my knowledge base and capital. My end goal will be to Buy & Hold for long term passive income. I have a construction background in Ironwork and Carpentry and have been working with local GC's and investors on fix - n- flips projects in Orange and LA County.

@Karen Margrave

I would love to attend this event, I'm new to BP and really looking forward to meeting like minded people.

thank you.

I'll be there!

@Lauren Hardy Glad to see you're going to make it! We need more women to come!

There will be 3 people in my group. Myself, my husband and my son. We are licensed general contractors and real estate brokers with 30 years experience building spec new construction, general office buildings, medical/dental buildings and clinics, residential subdivisions, multi family, developing small office parks, land development, etc. In addition, our son works with us, and is a licensed agent. He also does the preliminary plans on our projects, and virtual visualization (renderings), project management, and works on the jobs if needed.

Both of them belong to BP, but don't really post, leaving that to me.

@Clint Kreider and @William Larsen , looks like it's shaping up to be a great crowd of people! I'll contact you towards the end of the week and talk on the place, etc., and see if you two want to run with it or all of us stay doing it ok?

17 so far. (that includes me (3) and you 2.

18 Actually, Karen Capps has 2

I'm in! Thanks for setting this up Karen!

Hope to make it depending on the date

John

@Tony Chan and @John Curtin Sounds good!

I'm just helping on the initial posting, etc. since I've been on BP so long and have several of the local investors as colleagues, etc., and of course I'm always happy to assist when needed.

@Clint Kreider and @William Larsen will actually be doing the meetup. This first one will be to get an idea of what everyone wants to do, and how best to help each other get deals done! Can't wait.

I'm in. I'll be bringing a friend of mine who's also wants to learn about investing.

Hey everyone! wow I'm surprised at the turnout so far.. I wasn't expecting this many people and we're still 4 weeks away! @Clint Kreider and I were thinking it would be great to meet everyone and see if we could help each other do more deals!

Does anyone have any ideas on where we could meet? We were thinking of something informal like a restaurant/bar around Irvine (maybe the spectrum?)

-Bill

Close Thin

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.