INTERESTED?? New Meet Up Group for NW Suburban Chicagoland

INTERESTED?? New Meet Up Group for NW Suburban Chicagoland

When:

Where:TBD

Cost:Free

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.

Realtor · NW Suburbs of Chicago, IL · Member since 2015 · 156 posts · 62 votes

Trying to gauge if there's an interest in joining a new BP Meet Up Group for the NW suburbs of Chicago:

  • Focus is on networking, networking, networking!
  • NO upsells, gurus, or speakers
  • Format is Simple-  One power-hour: 30 min- Topic-specific / 30 min: Q&A
  • No company-sponsored anything, just RE investors connecting, sharing, building community in person, and creating opportunities to learn from each other and work together

Respond to let me know if YES you're invited, and WHERE you're located.  

Looking to start meeting by mid-June!

0Reply
45 views

45 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Harvard, CA · Member since 2015 · 38 posts · 15 votes
    11y

    Hi Shelly,

    I'm a new investor living in Huntley interested in meet ups closer than Chicago... involvement at this point from a listen and learn perspective. Hopefully you'll get some interest in this - if so, I'd like to attend.

    Regards,
    Craig

  • Mark AinleyBusiness Member
    Property Manager · Roselle, IL (Chicago Suburb) · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    I would be interested.  Live in Elgin and office in Bartlett.  

  • Mike B.Pro Member
    Developer · Chicago, IL · Member since 2013 · 434 posts · 357 votes
    11y

    I live in Crystal Lake and would be interested.

  • Bolingbrook, IL · Member since 2015 · 46 posts · 11 votes
    11y

    I'm a little farther south (Lisle), but would be willing to drive some.  Again, I'm in a listen and learn mode.

  • Jennifer KinzlePro Member
    Real Estate Agent · Elgin, IL · Member since 2015 · 100 posts · 41 votes
    11y

    Hi Shelly

    This sounds great and I've been looking for a local group to join and learn with.  I'm in the Elgin/St. Charles area but would enjoy meeting in person once a month to discuss investing topics!  Let me know when the meetings start.

    Thanks!

  • Real Estate Investor · Carpentersville, IL · Member since 2015 · 26 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    Shelly-

    I am interested. I been looking for a local group.  I live in the Carpentersville area with interest in the northwest suburbs as well as Chicago.  I am new to real estate investing and I am looking to listen, learn, and network.  Please let me know where/when.

  • Barrington, IL · Member since 2010 · 204 posts · 54 votes
    11y

    love it!

    I'm in. Barrington Hills area. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Naperville, IL · Member since 2013 · 402 posts · 177 votes
    11y

    YES!!! I think Naperville would be a good area to meet ;)

  • Investor · Wheaton, IL · Member since 2015 · 6 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    I'm interested, located in Wheaton but willing to drive:)

  • Investor · Wheaton, IL · Member since 2013 · 77 posts · 17 votes
    11y

    interested.  in Wheaton as well.

  • Jim BroznyPro Member
    Investor · Batavia, IL · Member since 2015 · 58 posts · 24 votes
    11y

    I'm interested.  I live in Batavia

  • Investor · Hoffman Estates, IL · Member since 2014 · 434 posts · 185 votes
    11y

    @Laniece Miller

    There is a RE meeting in Lisle every month that's really good. CAREIA.org there's no sales and the people are really friendly. I think it's the only non profit REI club in DuPage county.

    Otherwise, I'm up near Arlington Heights.  I'd like something close by too

  • Realtor · NW Suburbs of Chicago, IL · Member since 2015 · 156 posts · 62 votes
    11y

    @Account Closed

     Thanks everyone for your interest!  

    In fact, your great interest has birthed the NW Chicagoland BP Meet Up Group...take a look here and sign up!  Due to the limited spots at this first meeting, please sign up quickly!  Details will follow!  We have a great first meeting planned!!!  

  • Barrington, IL · Member since 2010 · 204 posts · 54 votes
    11y

    I am not seeing where to sign up on the page. 

    Sorry I'm brainless today!

  • Realtor · NW Suburbs of Chicago, IL · Member since 2015 · 156 posts · 62 votes
    11y

    Sorry @Joe Mueller, here it is!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2015 · 128 posts · 37 votes
    11y

    I have signed up and look forward to the first meeting! 

  • Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    i will be there

  • Insurance Agent · Chicago, IL · Member since 2015 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    Yes, looking forward! I'm in Chicago.

  • Investor · Harvard, CA · Member since 2015 · 38 posts · 15 votes
    11y

    Shelly,

    Great to see the meeting is in a couple of days. Unfortunately for those of us who work during the day, an 8:30 am time will be difficult. Would love to see a lunch or afternoon meet up.

    Take care.
    Craig

  • Investor · Harvard, CA · Member since 2015 · 38 posts · 15 votes
    11y

    That didn't come out quite right.... let me rephrase...

    ... for those of us that work other jobs during the day aside from RE.

    :-)

  • Investor · Harvard, CA · Member since 2015 · 38 posts · 15 votes
    11y

    Shelly,

    Curious how the first meet up went. Sorry I wasn't able to make it... looking forward to meeting everyone at the next one.

    Craig

  • Chicago, IL · Member since 2012 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    Just signed up. Thanks for organizing, Shelly!

  • Real Estate Agent · Plainfield, IL · Member since 2015 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    I am located in Oswego, but I am open to traveling to meet up with a great group of like-minded individuals!

  • Real Estate Broker · Chicago NW Suburbs · Member since 2015 · 9 posts · 5 votes
    11y

    Hi Shelly,

    So sorry to see that I missed this event.  Would very much be interested in any future meetings.  Please let me know if you're planning on coordinating a meet-up again in the near future.  I'm in northwest suburban Addison.  Thank you!

  • Realtor · NW Suburbs of Chicago, IL · Member since 2015 · 156 posts · 62 votes
    11y

    You are officially invited to the first (official) meeting of the NW Chicagoland BP Meet-Up Group!

    There's been a ton of interest, so plan to join us for an evening of great networking out here in Chicago's NW suburbs!

    Space is limited, so get event/ticket details here.

    See you soon!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.