Winnebago Investor Network (Rockford Illinois Area)

17 Replies

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.

Report Event

When: November 5, 2015 at 6PM

Where: SAM'S Ristorante, Pizzeria, & Banquet Hall located at 6075 E Riverside Blvd, Rockford, IL 61114.

What: A simple dinner network meetup. There will be no product or service pitches and no long stuffy speeches either. This is to meet and encourage other local investors.

Who: Current and future real estate investors in the Rockford area. This is a family encouraged event. Bring your spouse, significant other, siblings, parents, children, grandchildren, aunts, uncles, etc. We will have some board games and/or puzzles to keep the younger ones occupied after dinner if necessary.

Cost: $10 per person for salad and pizza buffet plus soft drinks. Throw your money in the hat before you leave.

* I need to provide Sam's with a fairly accurate count on Tuesday, Nov 3.  Below is the list of attendees based on the original Rockford Metropolitan Area Networking thread (the meetup details were removed).  Please let me know if you can no longer make it or if I should update the number of attendees that will be with you.  Thanks and see you on Thursday! 

@Ernad D.

@Christopher Dumelle+1

@William Clement+1

@Aaron Mikottis

@Kyle N. +1

@Renee Fulcer +1

@Gene Ferriter

@Jason Bennett+1

@Liz Boyer

@Chad Slagle+1

Here is an informal agenda for the meetup on Thursday night.  See you there!

6:00 Welcome and Introductions

Everyone will have a few minutes to introduce yourself to the group.  Feel free to share a little bit of your background and some encouragement for other investors or answer one of the following questions.

• What do you hope to gain from the meetup tonight?
  • What is your favorite resource on Bigger Pockets?
  • What is your favorite quote and why?
  • Why are you investing in Real Estate?

6:30  Salad and Pizza Buffett with garlic bread and soft drinks.

7:00  If we need some additional conversation starters we can share our Famous Four (from the podcasts of course).  We can also share suggestions for future meetups and work on an official name for our group (we can not use Bigger Pockets name).

Great meet up everyone. Sorry we had to rush out around 9. Hopefully we get one set up for the beginning of December. Craig Wilcox if you would like any help getting it set up let me know.

I would be interested in connecting with anyone from tonight before the next meet up if anyone is interested.

Thanks for coming to the meetup tonight @Christopher Dumelle and Carrie, @Ernad D. , @Aaron Mikottis , @Kyle N. , @Renee Fulcer and Lloyd, @Gene Ferriter, @Jason Bennett, @Chad Slagle , Dawayne and Ineta Robinson

It was great to meet you all and it was a great discussion.  It sounded like there was interest in another one so how about Thursday Dec 3?  Or we could try Saturday, Dec 5 for lunch?

Hopefully you can make it to the next one @William Clement, @Liz Boyer , @Scott Green , @John Riederer, @Jesse King, @Ted Eads, @Antwaun Johnson

It was nice meeting everyone. Always good to meet people with similar goals and see how everyone is taking action. Loved the open discussion format and hope to have more events like this one soon!

Good afternoon all, I am late to this forum but hopefully this means it will help keep it alive. Will there be any upcoming events or meet ups with local like minded people/ investors?
I would love to meet others in my area and hopefully strike up good conversations and friendships.

Hi @Tyler Witkowski

Sorry, you just missed the latest network event, we had it on Thursday, 4/7.  We are planning to have the next one on 5/4 at 6 pm.  I hope you can make it.  I will mention you on the event post once it is up.  

I am working on a different event as well to play Kiyosaki's Cash Flow 101 board game. Would that be of interest to you? 

Updated over 5 years ago

Correction: 5/5 for the next event. We are planning them on the first Thursday of the month but I will make a new event post soon.

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly Craig,
It seems that these events are typically held on Wednesdays, If thats the case its very difficult for me to attend these groups as I work night shift, which works starts right at 6pm for me. Hopefully in the future there will be an event that I can finally attend.

That would interest me, I think it would be a good time and a great chance to meet some of you guys. Please let me know about that, I'm eager to meet all of you.