Single Family Home Investing and Small Multifamily

33 Replies

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.

Report Event

The purpose of this event is to provide a monthly platform to connect with like minded local investors in the area. Based on the events I've attended in the Columbus area there seems to be a bias towards low-income rentals and events primarily full with people trying to solicit services or investors with many low-income cheap rentals not to say there is anything wrong with this strategy. 

I'd like to establish a forum for investors interested in or actively vested in good blue collar communities and higher end rentals for us to trade ideas and to learn from one another. 

I recently bought a single family home in central Westerville: 43082, the next deal I'm looking to do will likely be in a less affluent but nonetheless good community, I'm a fan of North/East Columbus ie. Reynoldsburg, Elmbrook and surrounding areas. 

I'd be grateful for you to reach out if you feel this is a community you would be interested in helping me to build.

WIth gratitude,

Nathan

Updated over 3 years ago

Due to popular demand, I have moved the location to the opposite side of the street sister restaurant, Black Point: 570 N High St, Columbus, OH 43215 Any issues please call me on 614-843-1374 Looking forward to meeting you all!

Originally posted by @Nathan Mairs :

The purpose of this event is to provide a monthly platform to connect with like minded local investors in the area. Based on the events I've attended in the Columbus area there seems to be a bias towards low-income rentals and events primarily full with people trying to solicit services or investors with many low-income cheap rentals not to say there is anything wrong with this strategy. 

I'd like to establish a forum for investors interested in or actively vested in good blue collar communities and higher end rentals for us to trade ideas and to learn from one another. 

I recently bought a single family home in central Westerville: 43082, the next deal I'm looking to do will likely be in a less affluent but nonetheless good community, I'm a fan of North/East Columbus ie. Reynoldsburg, Elmbrook and surrounding areas. 

I'd be grateful for you to reach out if you feel this is a community you would be interested in helping me to build.

WIth gratitude,

Nathan

Looks like a great idea! @Michael Hamby check this one out. 

Many thanks for the interest shown so far. Glad to see an appetite locally to connect. Please add yourself to the attendee list if you plan to join so that I can manage the reservation at the restaurant. 

Thanks 

Hello all. I am exticed to see people thinking in the same terms as i am. Thanks nathan for setting up the event. I would have loved to meet with all the people but i will be out of the country starting the 30th. That being said i will keep in touch and hopefully get to meet some of you nice people in the future to learn more abt real estate as i am really new here.

Hey Shravan, Pleasure to connect with you.  I know what it's like to be a real-estate newbie. I spend my weekends primarily analyzing deals and driving around different areas looking for opportunities, this involves speaking with the local neighbors to get a feel for the community and surrounding myself local investors. This is a communiity and we all have something valuable to share. 

More than happy to meet you for a coffee before your trip, if not let's connect upon your return, hopefully, this event will become a regular occurrence. 

Nathan - I actually just started a monthly meet up just like the one you are proposing. I think its a great idea to compare ideas and connect with new people. I own a duplex in Strawberry Farms and a single family in Trabue Woods, so I think our investments have similar metrics. Anyone on this thread is welcome to attend my meeting as well, which will likely be held on 9/13 @ 6:30 at a TBD location. Can't go to too many of these meetings!!!

I would love to attend your event Nathan, and look forward to meeting every one on 8/31. Thanks for organizing.

Details:     9/13/17 @ 6:30p at Bar Louie downtown. Hopefully we can double down on having these meetings!

Address: 504 North Park Street, Columbus, OH 43215

I currently have an Outlook invite being circulated. Unfortunately, I'm not a pro on BP, so I cannot create an event on here. But anyone who is interested in coming is welcome to message me with their email address and I will add them to the email chain that I've built up with the regular attendees.

Wanting to get started. I live in Bellefontaine Ohio. Analyze deals all day in my head and excel. Little bit obbsessed. Love the idea of not chasing the deal. How do you guys do with not chasing but rather making an offer based on your numbers? Anyway, hope I can make this event Nathan.