Northwest Arkansas Meetup @ Foghorns!

Dustin Davis
  • Goshen, AR
Posted May 1 2018, 10:34

13 Replies

• 05/24/18 06:00PM - 08:00PM America/Chicago
  • In the back meeting room., 1815 Green Acres Rd Fayetteville, Arkansas 72703
  • Free

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.

Report Event

Put a reoccurring meeting on your calendars!!! Fourth Thursday, every month!

We will be meeting at the Foghorns in Fayetteville off of Green Acres. Shoot for May 24th starting at 6PM. Bring your information, deals, and what your are looking for along with an appetite for discussing investing!

(Address: 1815 Green Acres Rd, Fayetteville, AR 72703)

Date/Time: May 24th @ 6PM

Tags: Rogers, Springdale, Bentonville, NWA, Arkansas,

People: @Henry Washington , @Jonathan Boyd , @Kelley Weir, @Ryan Blackstone , @Susan H. , @Paul Younger ,

@Ryan Williams, @Diane Stinebaugh @Holly Hamilton @Jorge Rios @Jackie Perkins

User Stats

Votes
Dustin Davis
  • Goshen, AR
Votes |
  • Goshen, AR
Replied May 1 2018, 10:40

Also, for those of you all interested... Henry and I will be looking for feedback on a the unique topic of trailers (mobile homes) in need of rehab on land (3-5 acres) on the outskirts of town. Look forward to seeing everyone!

User Stats

Votes
Ray Fisher
  • romance , ar
Votes |
  • romance , ar
Replied May 1 2018, 17:13

I wish someone in central Arkansas would start a meetup, 4 hour drive away and starting at 6 pm

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Dustin Davis
  • Goshen, AR
Votes |
  • Goshen, AR
Replied May 1 2018, 17:44

@Ray Fisher ... Sounds like opportunity to me. Just sayin. 

User Stats

Votes
Ryan Blackstone
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Fayetteville, AR
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Fayetteville, AR
Replied May 2 2018, 06:47

Thanks @Dustin Davis! Got it on my calendar. I will see you all there!

User Stats

Votes
Chance Edge
  • Maumelle, AR
Votes |
  • Maumelle, AR
Replied May 5 2018, 10:43

I'm in Central Arkansas and would like to meet for a discussion as well @Ray Fisher.  However, I am just now looking in to real estate investing so I'm not sure how much I have to bring to the table.  Really just interested in learning more and trying determine the best funding option for my first deal. 

Anyone have any experience using a HELOC to get started or implementing the BRRRR strategy? How easy is it to get a small bank/credit union to refinance returning what you put in plus value added within the first year?

I know this thread isn't for this type of discussion but any feedback would be appreciated!

User Stats

Votes
Ray Fisher
  • romance , ar
Votes |
  • romance , ar
Replied May 6 2018, 05:17

Chance,  like you I don't know what I have to offer either, My experience with using a Heloc has been some what limited, On one occasion I went to my local community bank, and received a heloc for about 50% of market value, but was 70% of my equity.  That was with my banker that I have built a relationship with. That went pretty smooth.  My other experience was with a house that was paid for. I went to an online source, for the cheapest interest rate I could get, wanted to refinance it for a cash out position to transfer equity to the existing home I was living in. this loan seemed to take forever, I was so aggravated I swear I will never go through that again.    Even after it was closed they were asking me for more financials to market my loan.     

All of my other loans have been with community banks, they are in house loans, 15 to 20 year amortizations , loans are a little higher interest and have a 3 to 5 year renewals.  This we have done many times with multiple banks.

Finding the financial intuition, and  the banker that specializes in mortgage notes is the hardest part. One thing i found out early on was if I was turned down, there is always another one and its usually across the street.    

If you find someone in central AR who wants to have a meetup let me know I will make it if at all possible. 

User Stats

Votes
Ryan Veit
  • Flipper
  • Rogers, AR
Votes |
  • Flipper
  • Rogers, AR
Replied May 7 2018, 08:44

Let's go to this, mark your calendar.

@Ryne Pope 

User Stats

Votes
Diane Stinebaugh
  • Fayetteville, AR
Votes |
  • Fayetteville, AR
Replied May 16 2018, 18:01

Rats, school board meeting that day.

User Stats

Votes
Dustin Davis
  • Goshen, AR
Votes |
  • Goshen, AR
Replied May 21 2018, 07:52

Friendly reminder! See you all this week! 

User Stats

Votes
Devon C.
  • Investor
  • Bentonville, AR
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Bentonville, AR
Replied May 23 2018, 05:33

Dustin, I look forward to attending the event and meeting both you and Henry.

User Stats

Votes
Israel Romero
  • Fayetteville, AR
Votes |
  • Fayetteville, AR
Replied May 24 2018, 14:44

Hey guys, I just saw this but I am attending an event at my wife's work at the same time! But i will be there next month for sure. 

User Stats

Votes
Dustin Davis
  • Goshen, AR
Votes |
  • Goshen, AR
Replied May 25 2018, 05:46

Great turnout folks! Thank you all for coming and adding the conversations, it's energizing to have good discussion with folks that have the same passion for REI that I do. Remember it's a standing meeting on the fourth Thursday every month, same time, same spot. Look forward to the next one, in the mean time keep up the hustle!

D

User Stats

Votes
Jorge Rios
  • Centerton, AR
Votes |
  • Centerton, AR
Replied Jun 15 2018, 22:01

Too bad I missed this one. Looking forward to making it to the next one though.