Greetings, BP Family! This will be the SECOND meeting of BPREI - Prince William County (aka Bigger Pockets Real Estate Investors in Prince William County). My main goals for this group are for it to be education-oriented, welcoming to all no matter where they are in their journey, and useful for networking.
I (Barb) am a newbie and would love to see this group be a welcoming mix of folks from the new to the experienced. Let's make this a rewarding experience for anyone and everyone who turns up. Maybe we won't know everything, but we'll put you in touch with someone who can help with what you're trying to learn about.
As for how we use the time, I think there's benefits to both general socializing as well as a more structured discussion group. Let's plan on this first one being meet & greet, getting to know each other, what our goals are, what our expertise is in, what we're looking to get out of such meetings, etc. Maybe we can plan discussions on a topic for some months, or we can stick to people discussing what's on their plates at the moment and get everyone's input. Let's turn this group into what we need it to be. For example, I myself am looking for a mentor, with a few successful buy-and-hold rental properties, for accountability with good rapport and a similar philosophy to mine.
Logistically speaking, my / our goal is to meet on a Monday or Thursday in approximately the third week of every month. Right now we're looking at a 6:30 - 8:30 time frame and using libraries in Eastern Prince William County to keep these cost-accessible to everyone. For this second meeting we'll be in the larger Community Room. Food and beverages are permitted!
Next meeting: TBD.
Hello, everyone! It's been a busy month for me. Tomorrow we have our second meeting! We need to settle on a name for our group too, since I was notified we can't use "BP" in the title (whoops... and I can't figure out how to change it).
PLEASE NOTE AN ADDRESS CHANGE: We will still be at the Montclair Library, but in Group Study Room #4 again rather than the Community Room.
Here's the general idea for the structure for tomorrow's meeting:
- 15 minutes to mingle, catch up, network, and get settled
- 45 minutes for a Focused Discussion on a particular aspect of real estate investing. I think this month I'd like to focus on the finding deals or analyzing deals portion of REI. I'll have some discussion points prepared, but please come with your experiences and questions to share with the group.
- 20 minutes in the Hot Seat: Someone will get a chance to present their current dilemma to the group and we will focus on their situation to help them as best we can. If you're up for volunteering for a Hot Seat spot, post here!
- Another 20 minute Hot Seat round. I'll be prepped as a back-up in case we don't have a second person step forward.
- A final 20 minutes to mingle, catch up, network, and say goodbyes.
I hope it's been a productive month for everyone! I hit it pretty hard last month and have been truly lagging the last 1-2 weeks. I'm looking forward to getting some energy and focus back from spending time with you all. See you tomorrow at 6:30!
Sorry I won't be able to make it tonight but definitely looking forward to the next meeting!
Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate
Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing