Skip to content
Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions

User Stats

Votes
Catherine Lacen
Votes |
Is Airbnb arbitrage still lucrative in 2023?

Catherine Lacen
Posted Jun 1 2023, 06:02

My business partner and I started renting a single family in the Poconos, PA to list on Airbnb in the beginning of 2022. The area performed extremely well in 2021 and though the rent for the property was on the higher end of the market average, the home was in an ideal location and could sleep many guests positioning us for higher nightly rates and we planned to prioritize marketing to ensure we can keep a consistent occupancy rate. We put our savings into the getting the property set up and even had to take out a small personal loan to help get started. The rising gas prices and inflation slowed down tourism for the summer of 2022 and we did not meet our projections. With our rent and loan payment monthly in addition to the usual cost of business, our expenses are just too high. Our current landlord is not interested in seller financing or converting from rent to a profit split to help us cut down some expenses, so I am looking for some insight. If anyone here has arbitrage units, how long was it until you broke even/ made profit? Is there any exit strategy with Airbnb arbitrage that allows you to leave with some leverage for other investments? 

Our interests are short term rental, small residential multifamily and fix and flips.  We are in the Poconos, PA and Tampa, FL and are interested in finding a mentor to help us build our company to be profitable.If anyone here is interested in hearing more about us, please let me know! 

Loading replies...