Francois De Gourville
  • Kelowna, Bc
Votes |
Short term rental Community Development

Francois De Gourville
  • Kelowna, Bc
Posted Nov 19 2016, 12:20

Hi Folks, 

I am a relatively new investor, from Alberta Canada, I've been actively involved in this journey just over a year now. I have not been very active on bigger pockets, but am working on changing that.

I wanted to pick your brains and wealth of experiences on my favorite real estate strategies: student rentals and Short term rentals. Yes the returns are favorable, but more importantly, it aligns with my investor identity.  

My goal with real estate investing, is to use all of my combined skills and experiences to Build/Develop a "resort", based around some core principles: Sustainable/Green build practices, adventure tourism, community. 

I have backgrounds and experience in Adventure based youth leadership, Construction (currently), and sales.

At this time I am perusing creating this model using raw land, and building shipping container style homes/cabins on the land parcel, for use as vacation rental properties. I've also identified markets in tourism hot spots, where this model can thrive.

With all the advancements in technology, that Idea has moved from the dream realm to a reality. I've been in contact with a few companies that are very familiar with the design and build process, of recycling shipping containers, which makes the process of putting the other puzzle pieces together much easier. 

The main purpose of this, is to create a profitable model that can generate revenue, to then turn around a create the same type of model for student rentals, in a specific market I've identified that has a strong need for both models!

It is a huge task and venture, but I am committed to see it through. Yet I am not above being shown where there could be holes in the theory . I am more than open to hearing feedback, suggestions, comments, from you seasoned folks on this venture; especially when considering it from an outside investor standpoint.

I look forward to hearing from you all!

Cheers, 

Francois de Gourville

Loading replies...