Skip to content
Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions

User Stats

Votes
Sarah Hartin
  • Oxnard, CA
Votes |
External Security Cameras for my Short term Rental?

Sarah Hartin
  • Oxnard, CA
Posted Dec 28 2016, 14:08

Any suggestions/ referalls for a company and or private contractor to install 4 security cameras on the exterior of my short term rental?

User Stats

Votes
Jason Hartley
  • Vancouver, WA
Votes |
  • Vancouver, WA
Replied Dec 28 2016, 14:23

Check out Ubiquiti's video systems - I've been highly impressed with their hardware and software.

https://www.ubnt.com/enterprise/#unifi-video

You can sometimes get local ISPs to do the installs for much less than security companies (like 1/4th the price).

User Stats

Votes
Paul Sandhu#4 Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions Contributor
  • Investor
  • The worst town to live in, KS
Votes |
Paul Sandhu#4 Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions Contributor
  • Investor
  • The worst town to live in, KS
Replied Jan 2 2017, 07:21

How about having Sarah Hartin from Oxnard California install the 4 security cameras on the exterior of your short term rental.  I would suggest the Arlo system. They are wireless.  Batteries last about 6 months.  Installing them isn't rocket science.  If Sarah can follow the recipe to bake a cake, she can probably follow the directions to install a camera.

Paul Sandhu from Coffeyville Kansas installed 3 of the security cameras on the exterior of his own residence.   On the interior of his rental houses he used Zmodo cameras.  He caught a burglar in the first 6 weeks.

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.