Skip to content
Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions

User Stats

Votes
Mike R.
  • Investor
  • Valley Glen, CA
Votes |
Good vacation location in Los Angeles area other than Big Bear?

Mike R.
  • Investor
  • Valley Glen, CA
Posted Jun 8 2017, 13:20

I bought a place 4 years ago in Big Bear and it has been doing very well, so much so I'm now managing 5 other properties in that area and started a Property Management company. 

I was hoping to buy a second place in Big Bear but not much that I like has been popping up for under $300k. (I know exactly what is needed in a rental property and maybe I'm overthinking it?)  

I'm open to diversification and  thinking maybe I should have the next place in a different location, yet still within a 2 to 3 hour drive of LA

Would love to hear from those doing rental properties in the area. (Joshua Tree?  Idyllwild? Wrightwood? Any beach areas that don't have regulated short term?) 

Hoping to be rented out 200+ nights a year, net at least $25k a year. And the area has to have no short term regulation now or in the future. 

I'll probably end up with a place in Big Bear (As I do know it really well and really like it up there)  but figured I'd open up the discussion and see what else others are doing in the region. 

Loading replies...