Hostaway Cost and experiences

2 Replies

I’m exploring the idea of using one of the vacation rental software systems with my Airbnbs. I got a lot of good feedback from this board, thank you! I like the features of Hostaway. Does anyone have any feedback on them good or bad? Also, they don’t list the price on their site. I sent an inquiry last night and got a message to go back on the site with my email address. I tried to do that today and got an error message. The fact that it’s so difficult to get price information that every other company (except maybe Guestys vague 2-5%) lists on their site is quite frustrating.

@John Erickson

The reason HostAway doesn’t show pricing is because it’s flat rates per listing and gets lower depending on how many properties you add on. Typically they start at $25.00 per listing per month with a $500.00 setup fee. Then drops pretty aggressively every 20-30 units. I would suggest doing a demo for 2 weeks to try it out.

The central dashboard is a nice feature along with the revenue management and automated messaging (when it works) the integration with platforms like pricelabs and beyond pricing isn’t there yet, as well as task delegation for staff such as area managers and cleaners. The app also leaves much to be desired.

One of the bigger wins for me is the ability to duplicate listings fairly quickly across multiple platforms like HomeAway and booking.com, with an API integration you no longer need to use their admin screen and can do it all from HomeAway as well as process payments via Stripe.

Hope this helps, happy hosting.

@Michael Melendez

Thanks for the insight into the pricing and pros/cons of the system.  At this point, I think I might be leaning towards VREasy.  I’m going to schedule demos for VREasy, Guesty, and Hostaway and see which I like best.  Thank you again for taking the time to share your insight!

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.