San Jose, Ca Airbnb management company

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Richmond, VA · Member since 2015 · 7 posts · 7 votes
8y

Hi Sharon Hsu, is airbnb easy to manage? It depends. A couple things I would consider are: location, type (size) of airbnb and how involved or not involved you want to be.

I  do airbnb at my own house, I live in the upper level and rent the basement level. To me, that is easy to manage, I don't have to make trips some where else to do a turn over. I can accept last minute reservations and have the suite ready in less than an hour for the next guests. 

Type of airbnb - consider that if your airbnb has a full kitchen, more than one bedroom, it will take more time to clean, you will need more items to furnish, etc. Of course you might be able to charge more if the place is bigger. But I have found that in my market I can still charge almost the same as a place that has a full kitchen and is less work for me to keep it and clean it.

How involved do you want to be? Airbnb  platform is pretty simple and easy to use. I save predetermined responses and messages that I just change a little bit depending on each reservation and send them in a couple seconds. I use a smart code lock for the door so I don't need to be there when a guests checks in. You can find or create "systems" that will help you to manage it more efficiently. Communication and coordination with guests is fairly easy. If you don't want to do any turn overs, I am sure you can hire someone or a company for the cleaning and preparing. 

Hope this helps!

See this reply in the discussion

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Luke CarlPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Tennessee Florida · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    8y
    Why not just have your iPhone manage it
  • Investor · The worst town to live in, KS · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    8y

    Why not just have your Android smart phone manage it.

  • Rental Property Investor · Campbell, CA · Member since 2017 · 419 posts · 499 votes
    8y

    @Sharon Hsu, I’m in Campbell and manage my personal rentals, and a few for friends. Shoot me a PM if you’d like to chat. 

  • Realtor · Murrieta, CA · Member since 2016 · 373 posts · 203 votes
    8y
  • Rental Property Investor · San Jose, CA · Member since 2017 · 37 posts · 11 votes
    8y
    Thanks for the ideas everyone. Are air bnb easy to manage? I was going to hire someone but if it’s relatively easy I might try it...
  • Rental Property Investor · San Jose, CA · Member since 2017 · 37 posts · 11 votes
    8y
    Mike verna, how can we get in touch? Thanks!
  • Investor · Richmond, VA · Member since 2015 · 7 posts · 7 votes
    8y

    Hi Sharon Hsu, is airbnb easy to manage? It depends. A couple things I would consider are: location, type (size) of airbnb and how involved or not involved you want to be.

    I  do airbnb at my own house, I live in the upper level and rent the basement level. To me, that is easy to manage, I don't have to make trips some where else to do a turn over. I can accept last minute reservations and have the suite ready in less than an hour for the next guests. 

    Type of airbnb - consider that if your airbnb has a full kitchen, more than one bedroom, it will take more time to clean, you will need more items to furnish, etc. Of course you might be able to charge more if the place is bigger. But I have found that in my market I can still charge almost the same as a place that has a full kitchen and is less work for me to keep it and clean it.

    How involved do you want to be? Airbnb  platform is pretty simple and easy to use. I save predetermined responses and messages that I just change a little bit depending on each reservation and send them in a couple seconds. I use a smart code lock for the door so I don't need to be there when a guests checks in. You can find or create "systems" that will help you to manage it more efficiently. Communication and coordination with guests is fairly easy. If you don't want to do any turn overs, I am sure you can hire someone or a company for the cleaning and preparing. 

    Hope this helps!

  • Honolulu, HI · Member since 2015 · 214 posts · 49 votes
    8y

    I'm interested in this too. The challenging part is getting someone in there for daily cleaning, laundry before the next guests come.  And answering messages, especially if you're away in another time zone.

  • Rental Property Investor · Santa Clara, CA · Member since 2016 · 219 posts · 112 votes
    6y

    Hi I am looking for a property manager for short term rental in San Jose, CA as well. Anyone knows a good one? @Mike V. Do you still manager vacation rentals?

  • Rental Property Investor · San Jose, CA · Member since 2017 · 37 posts · 11 votes
    6y

    @Ana M. Thanks for your reply. I think I’d prefer a PM to help me and possibly do a corporate rental instead of an air bnb since my condo has some restrictions around this.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.