Air B-n-B in the Cleveland OH Area

12 Replies

Anyone in Cleveland do very well with air-B-n-B that is not located downtown? 

I have a house in the Kamms Corner area-

15 min drive to downtown

10 min or less drive to airport 

5 min drive to large hospital in the area 

I feel as it is very centrally located and has potential to do great but unsure how often people actually vacation and visit Cleveland.  

Any tips or advice would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance. 

Best way is to search the neighborhood you are in (on AirBnB, VRBO, etc) and see if there are any other STR hosts. Take a look at what they offer and for what price. After that, just experiment a little. It doesn't hurt to advertise a few weeks and see the type of response you get.

Any other large industries there, besides the hospital?  There is a refinery in my town.  That facility uses more electricity per day than the rest of this town of 9500.  There is a steady stream of travelling contractors coming in and out of the refinery for short term jobs.  3 weeks to 3 months is the norm.  They can stay in a motel room, or they can pay less money and stay in one of my furnished houses.

I would strongly suggest looking at short term housing for engineers etc that work in the rubber industry. You are less than an hour from Akron where there are lots of rubber companies.

Both Goodyear and Bridgestone are investing in the greater Akron area.

Im a local contractor in Cleveland. Ive got many clients (One im working for now) have these types of rentals all over the city. I would suggest staying out of the lower income/high crime areas. 

East Cleveland

Slavic Village

South Euclid

Other specific areas of Cleveland

Many of my clients have Air B n B's in Seven Hills, Parma, Cuyahoga Hts, West side of Cleveland 

As @Michael Baum suggested, look at short term housing for people in the rubber industry.  You can also use the benefits of synergy by providing short term housing for people in the adult film industry.  The two things work together, the rubber industry and the adult film industry.

I know this former bartender/musician/dj/author/marathon runner that rented out his STRs to people in the adult film industry.  They let him run the lights during filming.

Originally posted by @Neal Mahoney :

Im a local contractor in Cleveland. Ive got many clients (One im working for now) have these types of rentals all over the city. I would suggest staying out of the lower income/high crime areas. 

East Cleveland

Slavic Village

South Euclid

Other specific areas of Cleveland

Many of my clients have Air B n B's in Seven Hills, Parma, Cuyahoga Hts, West side of Cleveland 

South Euclid is an odd place to exclude and call "lower income/high crime". Especially the southern part of the city, which borders on Beachwood and University Heights. I think South Euclid, between Mayfield and Cedar, actually could be a great place for airbnb, with the nice suburban feel, and proximity to John Carroll University, Beachwood, tons of healthcare spots, etc.

Additionally, Lakewood, Cleveland Heights, Shaker Heights, and Beachwood could be solid spots for short term rentals. Basically any location that has a nice vibe and is close to higher ed/healthcare/business/culture.