Votes
Kevin Lefeuvre#3 Coronavirus Conversation Contributor
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
Insurance companies looking for furnished STR

Kevin Lefeuvre#3 Coronavirus Conversation Contributor
  • Los Angeles, CA
Posted Aug 8 2019, 19:57

I am sure those of you renting STRs in cities get many inquiries from "relocating services companies" paid by insurance companies to find housing for families who had water damage, fire, etc... In my case that is actually seasonal, mid August being one of the 2/3 periods of they year when these inquiries surge. I think it's because my calendar shows larger number of vacancies in September , so I get these inquiries mid August. The same happens early January, right after holidays (maybe also in April).

But despite a large number of inquiries since years, I have not closed one single deal from them. (not that I know, unless those monthly tenants that I close from time to time come from that source without me knowing).  Got the impression they justify their "search" to get paid by the insurance for providing a list of possible units/houses, and then they walk away. Not sure how it works. I should ask them next time.

Anyone here has a good experience with them and actually renting through these relocating companies? 

If so how does that work for you?

Who signs the agreement? Who pays the rent? 

How to make sure they leave after the period paid by insurance? How not to deal with them just like ordinary tenants by screening, credit checking, etc... (needless to say, since they usually stay longer than a month, it becomes legally LTR even if the contact is initiated through VRBO most of the time).

Loading replies...