David Rutledge
  • Irvine, CA
Votes |
Best markets to invest in Airbnb

David Rutledge
  • Irvine, CA
Posted Aug 15 2019, 10:51

Hi everyone,

I have a number of long term rentals and I am looking to purchase another 3 properties that I want to use as STR on airbnb. I have converted a few of my long terms into STR and have been really happy with the results.

I am looking at a number of different markets to make this model work and I was wondering if I could get some insight from anyone who has some knowledge or experience doing STR in these areas.

The areas I am looking at are:

Davenport, FL, Tampa, FL, Memphis, TN, Chattanooga, TN, Gaitlinburg area, TN,due to the affordable prices and year round visitors

Indianapolis, IN, Kansas City, MO, Detroit, MI for the very affordable prices but I am unsure how these markets would perform year round.

I am also looking at college towns Columbus, OH, Ann Arbor, MI, Waco, TX to take advantage of year round attraction of the universities in these markets.

I have spent hours looking at different reports and opinions on these markets from Airdna and other experts but I would love to hear from people who are actually investing in these areas and have an intimate knowledge of what is going on from the perspective of an investor.

I live in CA and will be buying out of state. The main things I am concerned about are:

1) the affordability of the market (I would like to buy multi family properties for between 100K - 250K) 

2)Seasonality of the market (I would prefer there not be a huge difference in occupancy between the highest and lowest months)

3) regulations, I want to stay away from markets that have very strict regulations on STR like Nashville, Orlando etc..

Any type of insight hat I could get would be very much appreciated.

Thanks everyone.

David

Loading replies...