Investment Property Rates

6 Replies

Create post

Just quick shout out to see what rates people are getting for loan on rental properties right now. i am considering a property for VRBO right now in a ski town and curious what people are getting for rate quotes and percent down?  curious what rates people are seeing for these types of properties and how much they are putting down.  as you can imagine these are more expensive units in ski areas but rates for rental i am getting quoted at are 4.625% at 20% and 4.50% at 25% down.  

I googled it and found this:

Investment property rates are usually at least 0.5% to 0.75% higher than standard rates. So at today's average rate of 3.7% for a primary residence, buyers can expect interest rates to start around 4.2-4.45% for a single-unit investment property.

yeah sounds about right...  running the numbers a move from 4.45 to 4.63 really doesnt change much in the PMT.  a move from 4.63 to 4.2 though would start to see some numbers be favorable.  

Whenever purchasing a property, I go to The Bank Of Paul and make a cash withdrawal.  Then I put a gun on my hip and drive to another bank and get a cashiers check for the purchase of the house.  Then I go to the realtors office without the gun on my hip and exchange the check for keys and some paperwork. 

So I guess what I'm saying is that I'm paying 0.00% interest. I got a stiff upper lip, and I shoot from the hip.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here