Votes |
Gotta watch out for guests sometimes

Bruce Woodruff
Pro Member
#4 All Forums Contributor
  • Contractor/Investor/Consultant
  • West Valley Phoenix
Posted Jul 4 2021, 09:15

One of my houses has 4 bedrooms but we only use 2 as sleeping rooms so as to discourage the larger party groups (we made the others a yoga room and an office). And we price it accordingly lower.

So I had a young lady do an Instant Booking a couple months ago for her and 3 of her friends. I instantly messaged her and said "hey thanks for booking but I notice you have 4 people and we only have 2 beds, are you sure our place is right for you?" She said " oh that's ok, we'll just share beds or whatever"

Fast forward to this weekend...she checks in and I immediately get a message saying " Do you have any fans? The upstairs yoga room where I'll be sleeping is kinda warm". I shot back " it is only a 2 bedroom house, the upstairs rooms are not meant for sleeping, remember we had this conversation?"

She backed down right away, but ya just gotta be careful with some people, always trying to take advantage.....I suppose I'll rent to her again if she asks, but go over the arrangements again. They're leaving today, so once I get down there and check the condition of the house I'll know more.

Would you rent to her again (if the house is in great shape)?

Loading replies...