Just moved (back) to Alabama with one rental in Texas

4 Replies

Hello BP members. This is my first official post to the forums. I turned my residence into a rental property when I had to move from Texas to Alabama. Well, mainly because of a move with the Army. Currently I'm in the Enterprise and Dothan area of Alabama. Ever since I started researching about how to rent properties (mainly my property in Texas), I can't get enough of the REI bug. I'm listening to every podcast, reading every blog, researching market analysis, and I currently have three books sitting in the passenger seat of my car (two business and one accounting). I just finished rich dad and hope to continue my education through seminars or locals in the area. I want to make my first income property purchase this coming spring. If there is any events/meet-ups from Enterprise, Dothan, Mobile, Pensacola, Panama City, Destin, or anywhere within 3 hours of Ft. Rucker, please let me know. Thanks.

Hi Barry, I'm here in the Panama City area. I'm a fellow active duty member. There are some decent investment opportunities in PC imo. Send me a PM if you'd like more details on this market.

@Barry Gentry welcome to BP! I'm headed to Enterprise/Dothan area this winter. I'm also heavy into the education and looking for property to house hack once I arrive. I just found http://www.alareia.com as a really good source of Alabama specific information and they also hold monthly association meetings. I'll be attending those once I arrive to check them out. I know some of the bigger cities (Mobile, Montgomery, Birmingham) have their own investor groups and I'd like to check them out as well. I haven't had much luck connecting with Enterprise/Dothan area folks on BP yet, but I'll find out where they're hiding. Good luck and stay in touch!

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.