Birmingham, AL newbie

5 Replies

Hey Everyone,

I'm new to both BiggerPockets and real estate investing. I'm in the Birmingham market and am currently very interested in the Shelby County area, particularly Alabaster. I've stumbled across a few townhomes in the city that I think would be good investments, but I'm hesitant because I'm not sure if townhomes tend to rent easily in the area or not. Does anyone with knowledge of the Shelby County market have any insight that they don't mind sharing? 

Thanks!

Hey Jared, 

Alabaster is a great market. In my experience you shouldn't have any problem getting a townhome rented, assuming of course you've got it in rent-ready shape and priced correctly. Feel free to PM me if you want to talk specific addresses/numbers. Happy give you my 2 cents. 

Hey @Mark Byers ,thank you so much for your feedback. That’s definitely good to hear. And I will for sure reach out to you as more questions come to mind.

Thanks again!

Hey Jared. I agree with Mark. There are a lot of town homes in the Alabaster, Pelham, Helena area that make great rentals. I have two friends that have done really well in the past 5 years buying foreclosures, fixing them up and having great rentals. Besides being an investor, I'm also an appraiser for the past 27 years so feel free to message, email or call if you have more questions. Thanks

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here