Skip to content
Alaska Real Estate Q&A Discussion Forum

User Stats

Votes
Kevin C.
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Anchorage, AK
Votes |
Another great week in Alaska real estate!

Kevin C.
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Anchorage, AK
Posted Jun 30 2020, 13:47

Anchorage-specific inventory is very low and properties are often receiving multiple offers. 77 new homes were listed for sale and 79 went under contract. Pictured here is one of my own fourplexes that I put on the market last week and got snatched up in less than a day!

User Stats

Votes
Julie Fry
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Fairbanks, AK
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Fairbanks, AK
Replied Jul 3 2020, 18:29

Wow I'm guessing it's the low interest rates?  Or military moving in?  I love the exterior colors.  Did you pick them?  If so, I'd love to know what they are! Congrats on your sale!

User Stats

Votes
Keenan Fitzpatrick
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Anchorage, AK
Votes |
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Anchorage, AK
Replied Jul 6 2020, 18:23
Originally posted by @Julie Fry:

Wow I'm guessing it's the low interest rates?  Or military moving in?  I love the exterior colors.  Did you pick them?  If so, I'd love to know what they are! Congrats on your sale!

Low interest rates help. Kevin is also a great agent and that was a great property. What I've seen is that the balance in our market has shifted a little to having even a little more buyers than sellers than what we had before. That's not what was expected to happen the last few months but we do even with a little tighter lending requirements. 

We'll see what happens when this Gucci unemployment runs out and this forbearance plays out.  Our market is having to bear less tourism (I went on a 26 Glacier cruise last week and there were 1 of 2 boats running and it had 70 of its 270 person capacity), oil and gas being low, fishing taking a hit and unemployment. 

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.