Are there transfer tax if transfer your property into LLC in AZ?

7 Replies

Hi guys,

Is there any tax implications when you transfer a property into an LLC?

Did anybody transfer a property into an Arizona LLC? If yes, did you have to pay transfer tax? (In some states it could be 20% of the value of the property)

@Mary Jay Arizona does not have a real estate transfer tax. Properties are moved in and out of LLC's on a regular basis with simple title work.

My answer above does not address any potential Tax consequences/benefits you may or may not receive via an LLC.

Many of our Arizona Property Management/Investor clients use the following CPA with great results.

Doug Stutzman
Certified Public Accountant

Chartered Global Management Accountant

Mauldin CPA's, PLLC2321 E University Dr., Suite 101
Mesa, Arizona 85213

Originally posted by @Stanley Bronstein :

Googling the phrase

transfer tax deeds arizona

Comes up with:

https://arizonareport.com/real-estate-transfer-tax...

Believe it or not, I did google! And I did not find the same info that you found!

That is why you are a pro and I am a new be! You seem to have a wealth of knowledge on the asset protection!

So, I am always grateful for your input! Thank you, Stanley! I think you are an asset to this forum!

Originally posted by @Doug McVinua :

@Mary Jay Arizona does not have a real estate transfer tax. Properties are moved in and out of LLC's on a regular basis with simple title work.

My answer above does not address any potential Tax consequences/benefits you may or may not receive via an LLC.

Many of our Arizona Property Management/Investor clients use the following CPA with great results.

Doug Stutzman
Certified Public Accountant

Chartered Global Management Accountant

Mauldin CPA's, PLLC2321 E University Dr., Suite 101
Mesa, Arizona 85213

Thank you so much!

Do you find his work as good? Ive had my return done by one local CPA who is an investor himself and he made few mistakes, so I am sort of careful with who I trust...

@Mary Jay My clients have had good experiences with Doug. (Must be the name) lol

One client is fairly simple with a primary residence, one rental property in AZ and another client owns multiple properties with multiple LLC's and a number of other investments. Doug took over the complicated one as a previous firm had created issues that needed work, IRS issues.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here