• Montrose, CA
Votes |
WANTED: An Honest RE Mentor in Los Angeles

John Hodson
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Montrose, CA
Posted Aug 29 2015, 14:25

Hi BiggerPockets Team!

My wife and I are getting into Real Estate Investing in Los Angeles. We have always heard to get a mentor we should either bring them money or bring them deals. We are tight in the money department (though we are also looking to invest our Solo 401(k) in tax liens, etc for our retirement). But what we do have is time and skills: My wife is getting her RE Agent license now and I am a Graphic Designer, Illustrator and jack-of-all-trades in advertising. She will start work at an agency within the next two months and I will continue to work my day job and weekend job to help pay for things.

Is anyone willing to take on a couple of newbies who are gung-ho about real estate? We would love to learn how to flip and wholesale as well as buy and hold. We just need the practice and guidance to get us started. We're making headway in our journey to REI success and have been tempted by "gurus" who want our money...we've been to a high-pressure sales pitch seminar and walked away with our wallets still secure. ;)

If you can point us in the right direction or make a suggestion on a meetup group to join, we will take action. Thanks All!

Loading replies...