Votes
Kevin Breslin
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
Refinance Appraisal Added Airport Flight Path

Kevin Breslin
  • Los Angeles, CA
Posted Aug 17 2018, 06:09

Getting refi and the appraiser added that the home and comps are in airport flight path. The same appraiser did not include that when I bought the house. There have been no changes in flight path that effects this house but some of the comps are in mapped noise zones right under the flight path. 

Are there any standards for what is considered in airport flight path?

User Stats

Votes
Dustin Allen
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • South Lake Tahoe, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • South Lake Tahoe, CA
Replied Aug 17 2018, 09:21

@Kevin Breslin you should be able to find it on your local Area Plan. Ours is mapped out on the city wide area plan. Interesting that he didn’t consider that at purchase.

Dustin Allen - REALTOR® Logo

User Stats

Votes
Kevin Breslin
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
  • Los Angeles, CA
Replied Aug 17 2018, 12:09

I got a reply from the appraiser that the airport has a website. They do but if a plane comes over my house the are in trouble....

The airport maps noise which is the main reason for airport issues.  My house is outside the area that the mark as having noise issues. The house is off of the main flight paths.

I guess that leads to the question of how do I know how much the airport comment affects the price?

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes