Skip to content
Colorado Real Estate Q&A Discussion Forum

User Stats

Votes
Conrad Kostrzewa
  • Denver, CO
Votes |
Relocating out of Denver to Chicago but want to keep my property.

Conrad Kostrzewa
  • Denver, CO
Posted Nov 21 2017, 15:50

Hi Everyone

I'm still new to REI, and only own my current residence, but in need of some help. I just purchased my condo last year, in the middle of some cosmetic rehab while living in it, and was looking to purchase another property in Denver in the next 6 - 8 months to start building my portfolio. I was just recently informed by the company I work for that they need me to relocate to Chicago again. I'm happy to make the move for the company, but don't want to lose my property here. I know I'll be back someday, but it could be a few years.

I currently own a 2 bed / 2 bath in the Cap Hill area of Denver and I'm trying to find a way to keep it. Does anyone have any recommendations for management companies that will take on one unit and work with someone from out of state?

My job would require me to be fairly hands off so I need someone whom can handle everything remotely. This means from finding renters, collecting payment, and handling repairs and any other needs. Clear and easy communication is very important to me. If it was necessary to come out for a weekend every so often that wouldn't be a problem. When I lived in Chicago before, I was often in Colorado once a month during snowboard season. I'm open to whether it's rented out to Airbnb type renters, or to long term renters.

Any recommendations, insight, and advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Loading replies...