Votes
Terre B.
  • Aurora, Co
Votes |
House Hack help in Denver metro?

Terre B.
  • Aurora, Co
Posted Aug 25 2018, 11:59

I am hoping for ideas here. My situation is, I currently rent, through next March. I have an option to buy on the townhome I'm in, for about $20K under current sales, but by the time I get HOA and PMI on it, I can't qualify. And it really doesn't fit my needs.

I'd like to house hack a MF.  Ideally, further SW than Aurora, but I'm open.  I know that in Denver metro I'm not going to house hack and get to live free.  I'd like to do it, and keep my payments close to what I pay in rent.  I'm good with a dump that needs work.  My husband has done MF maintenance, and I have contacts in maintenance for anything we can't handle.  I'm good with something that has problem tenants. Handled quite a few of those.  I'm willing to take on considerable risk.  I have very good to excellent credit, but not a lot of cash.  I've seen a lot of people here say "save up a down" and "have a good cushion."  I dont have those options.  I'm surviving on a single income in a dual income town. 

I'm hoping maybe someone sees an opportunity that doesnt fit their goals, but might work for me.   Or someone who is moving out of the small MF category into something else.  Or something someone is just tired of.   Or any other ideas someone with more experience has.  

I'd also like to talk to someone who invests in the downtown area. I have a friend who is looking to retire out of the country within the next year. She owns a lovely large home in the down town area, that is zoned for a duplex. It will need some work but from my inexperienced eyes, it would BRRR. I can't touch it, but someone else might be able to.

Loading replies...